Underwriter- Express Quote Unit
Express Quote Unit Underwriter
Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALL) is a specialty property and casualty insurer focused on niche commercial and personal lines coverages. The three segments within Hallmark distribute a diverse and balanced portfolio of specialty products to our target customers through either wholesale or retail channels
Hallmark knows that our most valuable resource is our people and that our growth and success depends on the strength of our team. We take pride in our workforce and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that supports and values our greatest asset: talent.
Hallmark Commercial Insurance Solutions is seeking a Small Commercial Multi-Line Underwriter to join our Express Quote Unit Team. The Small Commercial Underwriter will be working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment across multiple territories. As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
- Underwriting new business for acceptability within assigned letter of authority.
- Order and evaluate application forms, loss history, motor vehicle reports, inspection reports, insurance to value information, ISO rates and any other tasks to complete the underwriting process.
- Develop and maintain positive agency relationships with the ability to communicate unfavorable underwriting decisions.
- Knowledge of multiple state rating rules and forms.Working alongside our Territory Underwriting Team to assist in the production of profitable commercial lines business.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to changing needs and job duties
- Excellent understanding of Commercial Lines products and coverage forms
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; and 3+ years of underwriting experiences; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Insurance related course work