Workers Comp Claims Specialist- Lost Time Adjuster
Due to our continued success and growth as a company, we are searching for qualified candidates to become a member of our claims team.
Manage within company best practices lower-level non-complex and non-problematic workers' compensation claims within delegated limited authority to best possible outcome, under the direct supervision of a senior claims professional.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Receives claim, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgment of the claim
- Determine validity and compensability of the claim
- Establish reserves and authorize payments within reserving authority limits
- Manage non-complex and non-problematic medical-only claims and minor lost-time workers' compensation claims under close supervision
- Communicate claim status with the customer and claimant and client
- Adhere to client and carrier guidelines and participate in claims review as needed
- Assists other claims professionals with more complex or problematic claims as necessary
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
EDUCATION: College degree preferred, work experience can substitute for educational requirement
LICENSES: As required
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of industry experience and claims management preferred
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, military service, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this application or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses