Our Associate Underwriter position is the entry level position in our underwriting department, also known as "Underwriter in Training". This is a great position for candidates interested in starting a rewarding and long term carrier in the auto insurance industry.
Underwriting is the process of determining whether to accept a risk and, if so, what amount of insurance the company will provide, and at what price.
- Respectfully deliver the most convenient and accessible auto insurance
- Provide excellent customer service; Incoming and outgoing calls
- Investigate Motor Vehicle Records
- Evaluate and Issue policy renewals, endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements
- Underwrite forms: copy of driver licenses, mechanical/inspection/ physicians reports, anti-theft forms, bill of sales
- Review and analyze system reports to determine if coverage applies
- Training/mentoring other staff members
- Contribute as need be to the overall success of the company
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills including time management and delegation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with individuals from all backgrounds
- Detail-oriented in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions and use proper judgment.
- Self-motivated team player
Benefits to Full Time Employees:
- Generous paid time off package
- Medical & Dental Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Company paid STD/LTD
- Company paid life insurance
About American Access Casualty Company:
American Access Casualty Company (AACC) is a fast-growing, highly successful private passenger automobile insurance company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. We're 'driven to do the right thing at every turn'. We're proud of the values that we hold dear. We believe these values are what separates us from the competition, and what allows us to best serve all of our customers and business partners.
We STRIVE every day to live these values.
Going the extra mile for our teams and customers no matter the obstacles
Bringing out the best in each other and knowing how our role impacts others
Walking in each other's shoes to appreciate their perspective
Delivering on our promises without shortcuts
Seeing a better future through innovation
Knowing that good enough is not enough