Transportation Safety Specialist
About the Role
A Top 100 insurance broker, and one of the progressive in trucking risk management, has an immediate job opening for a Transportation Safety Specialist. A remote position, with over 75% expected travel, your job is to be hands-on with trucking fleets taking time throughout the year to be on-site reviewing risk, conducting audits, discussing protocol and providing critical safety education.
Duties & Responsibilities
Loss Control Consulting:
- Perform on-site risk assessments and audits
- Analyze loss data, compliance data, claims data, and telematics useful to educating clients and drivers
- Ensure client activities are in compliance with OSHA and rules, regulations, & safety procedures
- Develop training materials. Communicate with carriers on best practices and available resources.
Internal Teamwork: In conjunction with the sales and service team, create and execute ‘out of the box’ plans service plans. The goal is to maintain a high level of client satisfaction and retention.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience in transportation safety/risk management is required; focus on transportation fleets of 100 + units is ideal
- Claims experience strongly preferred
- Work at home position with 75%+ expected weekly travel
- Strong analytical and investigative skills needed
- Independent, self-starter mentality is required
- Professional driving experience and/or CDL preferred
Compensation & Perks
Target salary of $70k-$75k with considerations based on experience
Apply for Transportation Safety Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly