Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO’s work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That’s because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a SPECIAL INVESTIGATOR do?
- Expedites resolution of suspicious claim by establishing scope, timing, and direction of investigations; interviewing witnesses, claimants and insureds; taking recorded statements; conducting Examinations Under Oath (EUO); inspecting clinics; canvassing neighborhoods; collecting police reports; reviewing vehicle inspections; recording evidence; analyzing records and information; communicating investigation results to all relevant parties.
- Develop and/or deliver anti-fraud training.
- Completes Proactive work by utilizing anti-fraud technology, investigative and analytical strategy to identify potentially suspicious claims and drive SIU referrals.
- Ensures legal compliance by conducting investigations within specified time line; documenting procedures and findings; keeping abreast of company policies, industry trends and state regulations.
- Maintains quality service by proactively communicating with adjusters; collaborating with other departments in order to exchange information and coordinate activities; returning calls in a timely manner.
- Travel: 40-50%
What is required?
- College degree preferred
- Active Personal Lines license preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years claims experience in the auto insurance industry. Minimum 2 years investigative and surveillance experience
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage own time while prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Occasional weekend work may be required
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- Parental Leave Policy.
- 401K + Company Match.
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.