Customer Contact & Experience Manager
Customer Experience Mgr. Job Description
The Customer Experience Manager is responsible for delivering customer- and client-centric strategies and driving tactics to deliver the strategy. The role will drive cultural change, act as a key influencer, and work across functions and sites to deliver great customer and client experiences.
Operational Analytics, Customer Journey, VOC, Problem Solving/Best Practices (60%)
- Champion the customer through all our customer journeys by identifying their needs and expectations for one or multiple product lines.
- Identify areas of dissatisfaction and develop plans to monitor and make improvements that will ultimately lead to improved customer experience.
- Evaluate, recommend and lead implementation of best-in-class Voice of the Customer (VOC) programs.
- Direct all Operational aspects of data collection, analysis, and improvement recommendations; constantly review and measure the customer experience.
- Analyze customer data across various customer listening posts (surveys, calls, complaints, etc.) and determine key themes.
- Drive the process to identify and correct gaps in the customer experience.
- Prioritize key projects within area of responsibility.
- Establish reporting cadence to help business understand progress on customer experience metrics and initiatives.
- Work with external vendors and business units to ensure new tools and capabilities are shared and leveraged.
- Work in close collaboration with key stakeholders (CX, IT, Product and Operations, Solutions Engineers, etc.) to establish strong cross-functional relationships in order to implement improvement initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver customer experience initiatives; be accountable for the successful end-to-end project management and delivery of key customer experience projects.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Operational cross-functional team; effectively manage initiatives from business requirements through implementation.
- Establish and measure the success of each initiative via appropriate metrics or dashboard.
Drive customer-centric culture (20%)
- Be an advocate for the customer/client throughout the organization.
- Help spearhead employee engagement efforts to drive a great customer experience.
- Establish a framework to ensure every employee understands how they impact the customer experience.
- Establish customer experience idea tank, collate ideas and determine which are feasible and should be implemented.
- Understand how employee tools improve or negatively impact the customer experience.
- Establish operations and governance for customer experience.
10 - 20% Travel
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in executing customer/client experience strategies, leading product management, strategy/management consulting and/or product commercialization efforts.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Proven track record of establishing the customer experience strategy.
- Established and operated Voice of the Customer programs (collecting feedback, analyzing, reporting, customer follow-up, insights on what actions are needed).
- Part of a dedicated customer experience organization that drove improvements.
- Very knowledgeable of how to drive cultural change leveraging change management disciplines.
- Has effectively shown linkage between employee and customer satisfaction.
- Strong at implementing sustained employee behavior changes.
- Strong empathy and passion for customers.
- Implemented improvements in business that led to improved customer experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills and the ability to influence large, diverse groups through fact-based analysis and decision-making; ability to do basic analytics in Excel.
- Ability to set priorities, plan, execute, meet deadlines and consistently produce high quality work.
- Strong process management experience in complex and ambiguous environments with ability to analyze and improve processes.
- Results- and execution-oriented with ability to manage multiple large projects.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced organization.
- Demonstrated passion and experience leading change and inspiring teams to deliver an integrated and high-quality customer experience.
- Exceptional cross-functional leadership skills with partnership experience across functional teams; strong team player.
- Self-starter with attention to detail.
- Strong track record of driving business outcomes.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, with an aptitude for communication across all levels of the organization, as well as with customers, clients, and other product lines.