Client / Customer Service Representative (CSR), Personal Lines
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The ideal candidate will be extremely customer service oriented and represent the agency with the highest ethical standards with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience. The candidate must be an exceedingly effective communicator and possess the skills to consult with customers. This is a fast paced environment and requires the ability to multi-task and prioritize on a daily basis. The individual should have a positive attitude and be a quick learner. He or she must be able to work independently and be a supportive team member.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Emphasis on knowing how to rate policies and be familiar with carrier underwriting guidelines.
- Emphasis on retention efforts to including proactive calls, taking payments, creating portfolios.
- Emphasis on providing back up support to the CSR team and Advisors with regards to all customer service responsibilities.
- Provide superior customer service to clients as defined by our agency culture.
- Process all types of incoming insurance mail, i.e., endorsements, cancellations, new and renewal policies, etc.
- Maintain electronic files in an orderly, up-to-date manner and with our current status guidelines.
- Verify the computer generated policy declarations with information requested by the underwriter and/or agency for accuracy.
- Update computer for cancellations, reinstatements. Send out form letter to clients as applicable.
- Input customer applications into the agency management system from the carrier rating applications.
- Report issues and follow up for resolutions with carriers and clients.
- Assist in completion of Underwriting audits as required.
- Assist in data entry, projects, or similar tasks as assigned.
- Handle routine correspondence between carriers, agency and insured.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to all departments.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Attend classes as necessary.
- Be familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 4-40 or 2-20 License Required
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- 3 or more years experience in personal lines insurance
- Solid understanding of all lines of Personal insurance
- Ability to build rapport with each customer through active listening
- Experience dealing the multiple insurance carriers
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hand and fingers, read, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and reach with hands and arms. Must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Reports to: Personal Lines Manager
Position Type: Non-exempt
Other: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Great reasons to work at W3:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual.