Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
As a member of the Centralized Archer Support Team, an organization within Corporate and Shared Systems (CSS) that configures new solutions in the Archer Tool and makes enhancements to existing solutions, you will be responsible for evaluating Archer enhancement requests, designing the best solution to fulfill the request using the Archer platform, making complex Archer configurations to meet customer requirements, testing configured solutions, conducting production support / troubleshooting, bug fixes, solution packaging and migration, and performing maintenance of system documentation. In addition, this position would participate in requirements sessions with business customers, provide technical guidance on how to best use Archer, and mentor more junior members of the team.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for system programming and analysis tasks of advanced complexity within multiple systems.
- Acts as subject matter expert for assigned applications, systems or technologies.
- Responsible for transforming business specifications and requirements into organized technical activities.
- Responsibilities include performing complex analysis, assessment, resolution, design, configuration and programming functions at an expert level.
- Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical/ high impact defects, problems, and incidents.
- Collaborates with project team and other key stakeholders to identify, estimate, and prioritize project and/or enhancement activities.
- Builds, maintains, and utilizes partnerships across the enterprise.
- Provides team direction, mentorship, and feedback to technical resources.
- Ensures work complies with Travelers standards, processes, and protocols.
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, and five years of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience.
- 6 years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Experience in designing and configuration of Archer solutions, including but not limited to: Record Layout, Security, Data Driven Events/Rules/Actions, Data feeds, Reporting, Packaging and Data Migration, & Advanced Workflow
- Experience with Archer out of the box solutions, including but not limited to: Business Resiliency, Regulatory & Corporate Compliance, and Enterprise & Operational Risk Management
- A general understanding of the interconnectivity of all Archer out of the box use cases.
- Familiarity with Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Understanding of Business Analysis techniques such as requirements elicitation and documentation
- Understanding of testing and test case design
- Knowledge of SQL and/or databases
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite of tools including Visio
- Experience working directly with business customers
- Familiarity with Agile concepts, Features, & User Stories a plus, but not required
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge: Able to expertly assess, design develop, and support applications, systems and solutions to achieve business and/or technical requirements. Demonstrates technical expertise for multiple languages, applications, systems, technologies, and/or frameworks, and has the ability to influence technical direction or defect resolution. Fully understands business applications and/or technical system environments in which the system operates.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience. Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills. Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team. Able to present complex technical concepts to audiences of varying size and level.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership: Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals. Able to communicate in business terms and describe IT capabilities and concepts in ways that the business can understand.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Able to proficiently diagnose root causes and solve complex problems. Able to evaluate alternative solutions and assess risk before taking action. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly and escalates appropriately. Demonstrates ability to optimize the use of all available resources.
- Team Orientation: Able to maintain and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives. Practices objectivity and openness to others' views. Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Leadership: Accountable to set technical goals and priorities for self and other team members. Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners.
- Planning and Project Management: Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the bigger picture in mind. Able to effectively collaborate with Project Manager and utilize sound project management practices. Able to manage time and competing priorities.
- Financial Awareness: Able to assess the financial impact of recommended designs/solutions.
- May require weekend hours at times
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.