Telephonic RN Nurse Case Manager
CorVel Corporation is looking for a self-motivated, energetic and independent nurse to fill a telephonic case manager position in the Baltimore, MD office. Come and be a new member of an exciting team where teamwork, integrity, commitment are the core of our professional team.
Are you tired of working weekends and holidays? Do you have experience in Orthopedics, Rehab/Neuro, ED, ICU, Occupational Health or Workers' Compensation? We are the place for you working with our Workers' Compensation customers.
The Telephonic Case Manager coordinates resources and creates flexible, cost-effective options for ill or injured individuals on a case-by-case basis to facilitate quality individualized treatment goals, including timely return-to-work if appropriate. The Telephonic Case Manager will rely on their medical knowledge to evaluate the patient's current treatment plan for medical appropriateness based on their physical and medical status. The Telephonic Case Manager must be able to discuss the patient's medical and physical conditions with the treating physicians, along with discussing/ recommending alternate treatment plans for the patient. The Telephonic Case Manager must have the ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans to the patient, family members and adjuster; supporting the goals of the Case Management department, and of CorVel.
Requirements and Skills:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN desirable
- Current unencumbered RN Licensure in state of operation
- 3 or more years of recent clinical experience, preferably in rehabilitation.
- CCM required to be obtained within 3 years of hire, if no nationally recognized accreditation is present at time of hire.
- Current WCCM certification for Maryland or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Provides medical case management to individuals through coordination with the patient, the physician, other health care providers, the employer, and the referral source.
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient's progress.
- Evaluate patient's treatment plan for appropriateness, medical necessity, and cost effectiveness.
- Ability to utilize their medical and nursing knowledge to allow the case manager to discuss the current treatment plan with the physician and discuss alternate treatment plans.
- Ability to make medical recommendations of available treatment plans to the payer.
- Implement care such as negotiating and coordinating the delivery of durable medical equipment and nursing services.
- Ability to make independent medical decisions and recommendations to all parties.
- Devise cost-effective strategies for medical care.
- Required to read extensively.
- Required to prepare organized reports within a specified timeframe.
- Required to use telephone extensively.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong clinical background in orthopedics, neurology, or rehabilitation preferred.
- Strong cost containment background, such as utilization review or managed care helpful.
- Certification as a CRC, CDMS or CCM preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of MD workers comp laws and regulations preferred.
- Excellent skills in using technology, proficient in keyboarding; knowledgeable in Microsoft applications, Outlook, iPhone.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish greatly preferred
Competitive salary within the industry, full complement of benefits, company provided equipment, and supportive working environment.
Come be a part of something special; come be a part of CorVel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, military service, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this application or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses