AmTrust Financial Services
Claims, Financial Services
The Claim Business Product Manager (CBPM) is a member of the Agile/Scrum Team responsible for organizing features and breaking them down to defined Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team. The Claim Business Product Manager (CBPM) has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside their specific team, including working with Director, Claim Product Management and IT Portfolio/Demand Management. Product Owners work with Director, Claim Product Management on a daily basis, who is responsible for the entire Program Backlog.
The CBPM will provide direction to Agile/Scrum team members and coaching/mentoring to less experienced team members. The CBPM operates under general/minimal supervision, and through a matrixed relationship, is responsible for leading an Agile/Scrum team bringing software solutions to market. In addition, the CBPM:
- Collaborates in the development of division, program or project roadmaps that effectively deliver business capabilities.
- Understands long range business and IT strategies; market, operational and technology trends and current state constraints.
- Ensures solutions (people, process and technology) meet the program and/or project objectives and are aligned with business and IT strategic direction.
- Collaborates with project leads and subject matter experts to develop the strategy on how requirements will be approached and managed for large or complex programs and/or projects.
- Works with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies across initiatives, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Manages program level requirement traceability and changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensures the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements across initiatives.
- Assists in defect resolution.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to other team members to facilitate a better understanding of requirements techniques, processes and deliverables required to support successful project delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experienced with and curiosity of agile and lean philosophies
- Experienced designing and delivering highly usable software that satisfies business requirements
- Hands on involvement with claims facing solutions and experiences
- Preferred qualification of a Bachelor’s degree with product development experience
- Ability to gain broad understanding of overall roadmap and related strategies
- Experienced with medium to large projects of varying complexity
- Proven ability to motivate a team through coaching and mentoring
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, listening to various levels across the organization
- Strong knowledge of assigned claims products and related business requirements
- Analytical Thinking (Master) – Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Facilitation (Master) – Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Communication (Master) – Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Teamwork (Advanced) – Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Relationship Management (Advanced) – Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Business Perspective (Advanced) – Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology (Advanced) – Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Conflict Management (Advanced) – Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Master) – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Advanced) – Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.