Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Travelers is looking for energetic, creative and talented people to join our Sales Enablement team, powered by the Salesforce platform. You will be responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of all components of our Salesforce implementations. You will lead a team of engineers and collaborate with contributors from across the company to enable effective and scalable solutions that will be leveraged by thousands of Travelers personnel. You will lead design sessions and inform technical decision making with regards to usability, code quality, and efficiency. You will lead the team within an agile delivery model, and have a profound effect on driving efficiencies, increasing revenue and enabling a strategic technical foundation for the future. You will work with Salesforce capabilities including Lightning, Financial Services Cloud, and expansion into our growing portfolio of Salesforce Cloud technologies. This is a technical leadership position providing both oversight and hands on contributions to the design, development, and integration of solutions.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead assigned scrum team and review and approve detailed solution designs, provide guidance to junior team members, perform code reviews and ensure appropriate artifacts are reviewed and approved
- Define development standards and guidelines for assigned team and work - effectively review and monitor adherence to those standards
- Work with other technical leads, architects, platform and product owners to identify and recommend technical solutions and alternatives related to the Salesforce platform implementation for Travelers - assess trade offs and impact analyses as part of the recommendations
- Work with external partners and/or integration partner teams to ensure the overall success of the team and implementation goals
- Develop, implement and maintain standard configuration and customizations using APEX, VisualForce, Lightning Components, and Java Script
- Collaborate with architects to define patterns for the successful integration of the Salesforce platform with source applications
- Participate and lead agile delivery activities such as design, estimating, retrospectives and continuous improvement
- Create and execute test scripts for assigned development work
- Ensure availability of the Salesforce platform and provide on-call support to resolve application issues when necessary
- This position is open for candidates to work remotely
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, and five years of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- 5 years or more as a Salesforce developer (APEX, VisualForce, Lightning) is required and at least 2 years of experience in a technical lead capacity
- Experience in Salesforce CRM integration, developing and deploying custom integration solutions using APIs and API management systems is desirable
- Proficiency with Data tools (SQL Server, SQL, ETL, Dataloader, etc.) is desirable
- Experience working in a lead capacity in an Agile delivery model
- Working knowledge of test automation tools like Selenium
- Working knowledge of CA Agile Manager (Rally) or similar ALM tools
- Working knowledge of automated deployment / DevOps tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of source control management tools such as Git
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Technical Knowledge: Able to expertly assess, design, develop, configure and support applications, systems solutions, and interfaces for multiple systems to achieve business and/ or technical requirements. Demonstrates technical mastery for technologies, applications, systems, frameworks, and/or languages and has the ability to influence and/or set technical direction or defect resolution. Fully understands business applications and/or technical system environments in which the system operates. Demonstrates proficiency in business concepts. Demonstrates expert knowledge of applications/systems and concepts. Able to evaluate and leverage pre-existing services and frameworks. Leverages enterprise and industry best practices and standards. Works to ensure component interactions follow and promote design best practices.
Communication Skills: Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience. Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills. Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team. Able to present complex technical concepts to audiences of varying size and level.
Business Knowledge & Partnership: Able to develop and leverage business and/or vendor partnerships, consult on business priorities, and optimize value through solution identification aligned with business objectives, goals, and future technology direction. Able to easily communicate in business terms and describe IT capabilities/concepts in ways that the business can understand. Problem Solving & Decision Making: Able to expertly diagnose root causes, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively with business and technical teams. Able to break a problem down into manageable pieces, evaluate potential risks/alternatives, and implement effective, timely solutions. Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action including escalating situations as appropriate. Demonstrates sound decision making and problem resolution skills. Often consulted by team members for problem resolution and guidance. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly. Knows where to obtain information needed to make the appropriate decisions. Optimizes the use of all available resources. Trusted technical advisor.
Team Orientation: Able to promote, maintain, and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives and engage stakeholders. Able to influence project stakeholders and team members. Practices objectivity and openness to others' views. Able to recognize and support team priorities.
Leadership: Able to set and assign technical goals and priorities for self and team members. Exhibits team leadership. Able to set teams technical direction. Able to provide feedback and/or coaching regarding technical resources.
Planning and Project Management: Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the bigger picture in mind. Able to effectively collaborate with Project Manager and utilize sound project management practices. Able to manage time and competing priorities.
Financial Awareness: Able to assess the financial impact of recommended designs/solutions.
- This position is open for candidates to work remotely.
- Requires occasional weekend and/or overnight work hours.
- Requires periods (1 or more weeks) of travel as needed.
- Requires travel up to 5% of the time.
Operates standard office equipment. Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
- Salesforce.com certifications such as Certified Platform Developer I, Certified Platform Developer II are strongly preferred. Achievement of additional certifications and demonstration of advanced learning is desirable
- Remain current with Salesforce technologies and best practices, including Salesforce certifications as appropriate
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.