Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Enterprise Business Intelligence & Analytics (EBIA) Architecture is a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers' analytics journey and driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive advantage for our company.
The Cloud Automation Architect is responsible for end to end development and architecture of automation for public cloud resource lifecycles (including deployment, configuration, management, and decommissioning) to reduce time and complexity of operations and development tasks.
This role develops and maintains application tools that build, deploy, automate and streamline code management and product delivery process on Amazon AWS Cloud.
This individual will work with various teams such as development, performance architecture, data science, and other infrastructure teams to provide infrastructure solutions.
You should have a consistent track record of crafting innovative solutions and designing and automating cloud deployments.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support our Cloud Infrastructure to improve reliability, availability and security.
- Responsible for building robust platforms using automation, as well as documenting automation standards for use by the teams within the organization.
- Setup and maintain 24x7 monitoring of environments and services, working with development teams to ensure SLA uptime/stability.
- Responsible for building and scaling a reliable state of the art cloud-services platform and architecting customer facing applications around AWS Docker containers.
- This position is a hands-on individual contributor role, which includes expanded responsibilities surrounding all infrastructure support including applications, CI/CD systems, and DevOps infrastructure.
- Evaluate tools and platforms, make recommendations and plan implementations.
- Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
- Stay current with IaaS & PaaS trends and research and implement Containerization of cloud offerings.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of technology related experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Seven years of programming/development experience
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Cloud computing service provisioning Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker, and familiarity with micro services
- Familiarity with end to end machine learning (ML) platforms such as SageMaker a plus
- Administrator usage of Amazon Web Services, specifically EC2, EBS, S3, CloudFormation, VPC, KMS, IAM
- Familiarity with Red Had OpenShift container orchestration
- Container technology experience (e.g. Docker, EKS, ECS)
- Diverse Operating Systems system administration (Microsoft Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Experience working with RESTful API services (XML/JSON)
- Infrastructure as Code experience (Puppet, Chef)
- Agile Software Development practices
- Continuous integration systems: Jenkins
- Experience with Application Performance Management (APM) platforms (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, or CloudWatch)
- Amazon Lambda function experience
- Understanding of cloud networking concepts
- API gateways (AWS API Gateway or Mule API Gateway)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.