Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Enterprise Business Intelligence & Analytics (EBIA) Artificial Intelligence team consists of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers' analytics journey and driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive advantage for our company.
The Sr. Consultant, Data Analytics Engineer performs data acquisition, preparation, and performs analysis leveraging a variety of data programming techniques. Supports the implementation of highly complex project(s) that support the business. Helps establish procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Tasks include the building and support of data pipelines to integrate data of various types and complexity (structured/unstructured, audio, imagery, etc.), cleansing and rational organization of data into data sets to support experimental AI work and model development.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently review, prepare, design and integrate moderately complex (type, quality, volume) data, correcting problems and recommend data cleansing/quality solutions to issues.
- Apply moderate data derivations and assist with complex business transformation rules and data requirements.
- Assist investigation and resolution efforts for high impact data defects and problems,
- Perform analysis of moderately complex (type, quality, volume) sources to determine value and use. Recommend data to include in analytical projects.
- Create simple (technology and features) data visualization techniques to help support data exploration.
- Operationalize and automate moderately complex (more systems, data sets and streams, size of data sets more substantial) data products independently.
- Build, test, and implement moderately complex analytic business processes, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements.
- May present complex information to next level of management.
- Work within Travelers standards, processes, and protocols.
- Incorporate core data management competencies - data governance, data security, data quality.
- Share knowledge and Independently train business users on data products/analytic environment when necessary
3 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- College Degree in STEM related field
- Intermediate knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation preferred. Examples (but not limited to):
- Big data and Cloud platforms
- Programming languages - Python, Hive, AWS, Spark, SQL
- Visualization platforms: QlikView, Tableau, MicroStrategy and Qlik Sense
- 4 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Able to recognize and analyze business and data issues of intermediate complexity with minimal supervision.
- Able to recognize when escalation is necessary.
- Able to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and cost-effective solution to resolve defects or incidents.
- Ability to foster relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Works with other technical areas to achieve project/department or division goals.
- Able to manage time and competing priorities and provide management with accurate and timely status information.
- Able to accurately evaluate and estimate tasks.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.