Provider Communications Specialist
The Provider Communications Specialist develops and implements communication campaigns consistent with HPSM objectives, department goals and regulatory requirements. This role will lead the creation of provider-facing content in a variety of media, with the goals of strengthening HPSM’s brand and messaging among our network of contracted providers, and finding new and creative ways to teach providers about upcoming and existing HPSM programs, policies, and processes so that they can provide better healthcare for our members, and so they can more easily and knowledgeably interact with the health plan.
Essential Duties of this position include:
- Revise and maintain provider training materials for onboarding new providers to HPSM processes, policies, requirements, and programs.
- Develop and maintain content for HPSM’s provider website, which includes:
- Working cross-departmentally to identify opportunities to give better written guidance on HPSM policies and procedures, programs (including Quality Improvement programs) or on regulatory requirements; draft content and revise with cross-departmental input.
- Leading the modernization of provider-facing content on the website, including evaluating and providing recommendations on ways that HPSM can leverage video and multi-media for the presentation of information.
- Write and record content for the provider website and ensure that it stays up to date.
- Write content for HPSM’s quarterly Provider Newsletter, HealthMattersMD, and lead the planning of future content.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of provider operations and provider priorities, working closely with the Provider Network Coordinators and department colleagues to understand trends in our network.
- Assist with the creation of materials for provider events, provider programs, or ad hoc communications campaigns.
- Act as a translator between different departments, finding ways to clearly communicate regulatory requirements or complex processes to a variety of audiences with different levels of familiarity with managed care.
- Stay current with current trends in healthcare policy and public health and seek opportunities to incorporate this information into HPSM provider communications.
- Meet deadlines and manage competing priorities in and independent manner.
- Professionally represent Provider Services/HPSM in internal and external meetings.
- Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public health, marketing, literature or other relevant field required.
Strong preference for an individual who has professional writing experience in an environment that requires meeting publication deadlines. Previous experience working in a healthcare setting or working with healthcare provider preferred.Skills and Knowledge
To be successful in this position will require that you possess the following:
- Motivation to teach others and a demonstrated desire to continually seek opportunities to more clearly communicate complex information.
- In depth knowledge of marketing and communications principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prefer knowledge in public health concepts, managed care, Medi-Cal and Medicare.
- Exceptional writing skills which will translate into the ability to communicate clearly and effectively about complex topics including summarizing academic research for a general audience.
- Ability to use a variety of styles and approaches to deliver and reinforce information with diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate a friendly and professional demeanor under sometimes stressful situations.
- Ability to successfully establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with coworkers and external stakeholders.
- Be proactive and demonstrate initiative; work independently; use good judgment to make sound decisions.
- Interact well with a variety of people e and work effectively as part of a cross functional team.
- Be detail oriented and precise.
- Independently manage to deadlines and prioritize tasks to deliver results.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; Employee Wellness Program including onsite fitness center and more.
Apply for Provider Communications Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly