Vocational Case Manager
The Vocational Case Manager provides vocational rehabilitation services and medical case management to physically disabled individuals through coordination with client, referral source, physician, employer, attorney and others. The Vocational Case Manager interviews and evaluates the client to determine the degree of disability, eligibility and feasibility of vocational rehabilitation services. This position determines suitable job goals consistent with the clients’ interests, aptitudes and physical limitations; supporting the goals of the Case Management department, and of CorVel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and carry out appointments with client, family, adjuster, medical providers, employer, attorney, vendors as necessary.
- Communicate via telephone.
- Complete forms according to industry requirements.
- Prepare organized reports within a specified timeframe.
- Document all case activity in files
- Complete ongoing educational requirements as required by certifying entities.
- May be required to attend committee meetings, participate in customer service activities, present instructional programs, administer vocational testing and review results, perform on-site job analyses, provide expert testimony, job placement, oversee job seeking skills workshop and perform labor market research.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Effective multi-tasking skills in a high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to interface with claims staff, attorneys, physicians and their representatives, and advisors/clients and coworkers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field with course work in rehabilitation philosophy, rehabilitation history, rehabilitation ethics, medical aspects of disability, psychological aspects of disability, job placement, occupational information, counseling theory, personal and vocation adjustment, work evaluation (minimum of 24 credit hours). Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field with CRC or CDMS Certification required.
- Knowledge of Managed Care or Workers’ Compensation preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, military service, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this application or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses