ICW Group is looking for a Director of Infrastructure and Operations. Our company's mission is to provide the best insurance experience possible. This role is being created to lead the team that is responsible for the availability and performance of the national ICW Group IT Infrastructure. By tapping into your strong IT Acumen, you will build upon our state-of-the-art technology and construct the processes needed for us to continuously operate, innovate and grow. You will play a key role in driving ICW Group’s enterprise IT infrastructure technology roadmap and ongoing support lifecycle. To effectively lead this team, you will fully understand and have sufficient background in enterprise IT infrastructure strategy and operations to lead a team of employees and contractor subject matter experts. In other words, you have worked your way up the IT Leadership ladder, which has provided you with a deep knowledge, understanding of and competency in these areas, which allows you to lead by example rather than by title. Each day will offer you new, exciting challenges to tackle including:
What Will Be Your Day to Day?
Develop and manage application portfolios for each department.
- Develop and maintain processes/procedures to ensure attainment of IT service level agreements for all business units within the organization.
- Plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations.
- Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization
Strategy & Planning
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Manage IT department operational and strategic planning to achieve business outcomes through proper planning, collaboration, negotiation and execution.
- Lead IT staff, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Create strategic vision for business alignment and constantly improve/re-engineer processes to achieve business and IT goals.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Develop and review budgets and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award.
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
- Develop, implement and maintain IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Effectively manage relationships with vendors, outsourcers, and consultants - including contracts, service agreements, and escalations.
- Manage IT leaders and front-line personnel.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, and developing personnel; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance.
- Ability to mentor and drive results across several areas of the organization.
Education & Skills
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in the field of computer science or information systems and 15 years related work experience. Minimum 10 years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- Knowledge of business processes, people management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Strong understanding and technical knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
Does this sound like you? Apply today and be a part of optimizing the Infrastructure team.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Apply pragmatic solutions to technology and business problems faced by a fast growing mid-size P&C carrier.
- Must have the ability to quickly and professionally present complex topics for Executive management and/or direct staff.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to effectively respond to common inquiries or feedback from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must be able to read, write and speak effectively.
- Ability to effectively organize and present information to all levels of audiences, both internal and external.
- The employee may need to sit in front of a computer for a period of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the office is usually moderate.
This description is a general statement of essential job functions and responsibilities. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.