Product Development Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: Provides support for the development of products and services that help achieve the Company’s short-term and long-term business objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assists with the development of new products/services and the enhancement of existing products to include the construction of appropriate policy language and forms, required coverages, recognition of potential exposures and necessary rating structure.
- Conducts detailed research of potential target marketing opportunities. Evaluates competitive stance of potential and existing products/services and provides recommendations to management.
- Assists with the development and execution of strategic plans for new market entry and/or enhancements to existing products/services.
- Assists with the preparation of state insurance filings and responses to objections to gain state approval.
- Provides promotional direction and input relative to new products and target markets in conjunction with that provided by other departments.
- Coordinates with other departments, in particular, Underwriting, Marketing and Legal to assist in the process of product development.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education and experience in Insurance or other related field.
- Five or more years Underwriting, Actuarial, Compliance or Marketing experience, or a combination thereof, in the residential construction insurance industry with a multi-line carrier.
- CIC, CRIS or CPCU designation, preferred.
- Familiarity and experience working with NCCI and ISONet websites.
- Ability to professionally present information to various levels of staff within the Company, and appropriately communicate with peers, management and customers.
- Ability to process and protect confidential information.
- Handles complex problems effectively. Separates key issues and generates multiple solutions.
- Easily analyzes and prioritizes information, distilling it to the critical issues and drawing accurate conclusions.
- Designs and manages processes to monitor progress and to maximize performance.
- Excellent computer skills, with demonstrated proficiency in all Office products particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
NORMAL WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL EXPECTATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
- General sedentary work
- May lift up to 20 pounds
NOTE: The information listed above is not intended to be construed as an employment contract, nor is it intended to state or imply an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by this employee or by this job title. Every employee at every level of the company is expected to perform additional duties or tasks as required by business need and requested by their Supervisor/Manager.