If you are passionate about profitable underwriting our, Branch Underwriter role is perfect for you. Our Branch Underwriter assists with the achievement of effective and profitable Branch Underwriting results according to Company Goals and Guidelines in support of the team.
About Your Job:
- Ensure profitable growth of insurance business through proper classification and pricing of risks to exceed Line of Business goals.
- Evaluate complex business for risk acceptability based on criteria such as exposure, loss frequency and severity, profitability requirements and rating plans/modifications.
- Work with underwriter to establish collaborative relationships with agencies/producers to understand the external marketplace.
- As assigned by branch manager, use underwriting referral authority to accept or reject simple to moderately complex risks, evaluating all risks' characteristics (operations, financials, management, employees, prior experience, etc.) as compared to the average in its class and price for profit within Company underwriting guidelines.
- As requested and assigned by department management, assume responsibility for special projects that may include development of new products, programs, underwriting tools, etc.
- May be asked to represent department in cross-functional project teams.
- Assist department management team with training and development of professional and clerical underwriting staff.
We are looking for a motivated underwriter with Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and demonstrated Workers Comp Underwriting technical skills gained over 5-7 years’ experience in the state of operations. The ideal candidate will have one to two years related supervisory experience and/or training; sales background or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.