QA Assurance Specialist - Actuarial
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an individual to lead the quality assurance efforts for our actuarial department. This highly motivated individual will work closely with actuarial contacts and IT staff to ensure all rating plans are implemented accurately and formulate and execute test plans. This role will participate in other aspects of actuarial rating work including monitoring, documenting, and filing preparation. The ideal candidate will possess technical knowledge of insurance coverage and policies and have highly refined verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Previous experience with insurance rating and use of insurance pricing tools desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of insurance terminology used in rating policies and mathematical techniques used to calculate premiums.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Resilient, resourceful, and able to operate in faced paced environment.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing work conditions and expectations and to partner effectively with other departments.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.