Audit Data Analytics Internship / Co-Op
Assurant Inc, a Fortune 500 company, is growing strong. As we prepare to meet increasing demands for our innovative products and services, we have an opportunity for a skilled, self-starter to join the Internal Audit Data Analytics Team as an Intern at our Atlanta location. In this role, the Intern will be a contributor in the team's continued enhancement of data analytics, data mining, and continuous auditing strategies and tactics in support of the audit charter. Key Responsibilities include:
- Development and ownership of analytics created from start to finish. Includes data sourcing, coding, execution, refinement, presentation, and documentation.
- Coordination with auditors and partnership with IT and business departments to develop impactful yet effective analytical solutions.
- Creation of meaningful data visualization dashboards for effective communication of audit findings.
- Identification and implementation of data mining or data science opportunities within audit work.
- Development of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) solutions in support of audit activities.
- Development of strategic and analytical frameworks to develop and conduct analytics.
We are looking for an individual who can work 20-40 hours a week during the school year. There is a possibility that the internship may be extended up to one year for the right candidate. We offer a competitive wage, business casual environment and a flexible schedule.
This internship will begin Fall 2019 and is open to local Atlanta students only.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or Master’s program in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Analytics, or Data Science and graduating between 2019 and 2021.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience with data access, analysis and visualization tools, such as Alteryx, Tableau, MS-SQL, Oracle, SAS, R, Python, PLSQL Developer, and Microsoft BI.
- Ability to quickly understand business context, problems, and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
One to three years of work experience with:
- Advanced application of data analytics techniques and tools in a complex business environment, including the application of general statistical concepts against large volumes of data.
- Collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions.
- Data access, analysis and visualization tools, such as Alteryx, Tableau, MS-SQL, Oracle, SAS, R, Python, PLSQL Developer, and Microsoft BI.
- Accessing and analyzing data in environments such as SAS, SQL, and Oracle.