Director, Finance Process Transformation
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Finance Process Transformation!
This position is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for global finance process improvement and financial systems transformation projects.
The scope of responsibilities for this position will span the global finance organization at Assurant and will require working collaboratively with various groups across the company including various Finance, IT, Operations, and Business areas.
The individual in this role will:
- Define, implement, and manage an ongoing Finance project/initiative request, evaluation and prioritization process
- Work with areas to identify project needs and then prepare the appropriate business cases with the appropriate costs, benefits, and other qualitative information
- Review, validate, and assess submitted business cases for reasonableness and completeness
- Develop and oversee a collaborative process to review and prioritize requests
- Manage Finance Review Board process
- Oversee project management of key initiatives
- Develop a standardized reporting and tracking process distributed on a regular basis to key stakeholders
- Track projects and provide ongoing qualitative and quantitative status reporting and updates to Finance leadership
- Work with all finance areas to understand key processes and then identify, recommend, socialize, and implement process and/or technology improvements, considering industry leading practices, as appropriate
- Identify opportunities to better leverage technology to create efficiencies, increase consistency, and improve controls in Finance and Accounting processes
- Perform a leadership role as part of the corporate Manual Process Review project.
- Develop an inventory of key manual process across Finance, IT, Operations, and Business areas.
- Ensure inventory is reasonable and complete
- Risk assess and prioritize each inventory entry for remediation
- Identify, recommended, and implement solutions to address manual processes
- Lead cross-functional project operational team
- Prepare and present updates to project steering committee and other key stakeholders, as needed
- Assist in documenting, developing, and implementing financial processes and enhanced controls.
- Lead efforts to identify implementation costs & savings opportunities within Finance arising from M&A activity and then manage ongoing tracking, reporting, and documentation.
- Be highly involved in the creation and implementation of a global financial systems and process strategy and play an active role in the implementation of a new ERP platform and associated technologies
- Manage of program budget and review of spend
- Coordinate resourcing with 3rd party implementation partner(s)
- Participate in the preparation of various project status reports and steering committee updates
- Provide thought leadership to the project
- Provide input into key design decisions
- Coordination of activities with HR, Communications, Training, Change Management and other key partner areas
- Bachelor’s Degree with Accounting or Finance major
- 12+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in an accounting, FP&A, or similar finance organization
- Strong Accounting and/or Audit background
- Deep understanding of U.S. G.A.A.P., management reporting, and planning/forecasting processes
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience in managing staff, including staff in multiple and/or remote locations
- Experience in leading and managing large, complex, multi-discipline projects
- Change management experience
- Experience in designing and implementing Finance/Accounting processes and workflows
- Experience in leveraging technology to improve Finance processes
- Experience in developing and preparing cost benefit analyses and business cases
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Visio
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize large, complex data sets, complex organizational issues; ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to work effectively and independently with other disciplines
- Ability to lead others, problem solve, and work autonomously, to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Up to 25% travel