Risk Assessment & Control Associate Manager
Advance your Legal career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
With general supervision, oversee compliance to attestation regulations through the documenting and testing of process internal controls over financial reporting in order to mitigate exposure/risk and report those findings to process owners and senior management. Utilize attestation expertise to consult and advise process owners throughout the attestation process and recommend control or process re-design where needed.
- Perform walkthroughs/update process documentation. Ensure knowledge and understanding of the business processes and key controls to be tested.
- Evaluate the appropriateness and design of key controls to mitigate key risks of the business processes.
- Develop appropriate test procedures and test the effectiveness of business controls through inquiry, examination, re-performance and observation.
- Document the test results and develop conclusions based upon control design and operating effectiveness.
- Communicate and validate results with the business process owners and management, highlighting deficiencies or identified gaps.
- Advise process owners in the remediation of deficiencies; ensure that the action plans are being implemented and facilitate decision-making.
- Deliver final evaluation of test results to process owners after consultations and document findings.
- Effectively and efficiently meet departmental and program deadlines and objectives.
- Communicate attestation results to senior management through system upload (Archer) within corporate deadline requirements as well as to external auditors as part of the annual external audit, ensuring that all supporting documentation is provided and that relevant reports are distributed to the appropriate parties.
- Attend attestation and industry training to keep abreast of changes in the audit environment as well as industry standards and requirements.
CPA preferred. Requires 3+ years of auditing and accounting experience, 3+ insurance industry experience.
Knowledge of financial accounting systems, business processes and reporting tools.
Superior verbal and written communication skills, Strong negotiation skills, Project management skills.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed. We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.