Advance your Actuarial career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you ready to catapult your career? Corporate Actuarial Reserving is seeking an actuary to support the comprehensive communication of the risks associated with loss-related balance sheet items. The role will include exposure to all lines of business and will manage a team of 2-3 Actuarial students. Primary responsibilities include Actuarial reserve opinions and special projects related to reserves with a goal of providing insights which enable Senior Management to take accelerated action and give external partners confidence in the strength of our balance sheet. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical and communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to execute thoroughly in a collaborative environment.
Supervise and execute 1st and 2nd reserve opinions and reserving projects as assigned
- Partner with SBUs (Actuarial, Claims, Underwriting) to understand impacts of initiatives and book of business changes, and incorporate into ongoing reserve analyses
- Clearly communicate results and methods to Corporate and SBU management
- Build and implement process improvement initiatives
- Effectively manage, coach and lead team of Actuarial students
Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) designation required, or comparable actuarial education/designation combined with relevant experience.
- 5-10 years progressively responsible experience
- Solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions.
- Demonstrated ability communicate technical concepts to broad audiences.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to Liberty’s Values, including a focus on continuous improvement and creating a culture of inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.