Customer Service Representative
Provides exceptional customer service to clients and their employees by handing calls in a timely, accurate and professional manner. Analyzes information and proofreads system entry for accuracy.Responsibilities
- Consistently maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by demonstrating a helpful, considerate attitude and a pro-active customer service approach.*
- Enters new claims into the system timely and accurately in adherence to department processes and client specific policies *
- Based on claim details, if unable to respond to a caller’s question or concern, the CSR must be able to identify and articulate the caller’s issue and escalate the claim to the appropriate team member.*
- Operates a variety of office equipment such as ACD phones, printers, personal computers, fax machines and copiers. As needed, reports system problems to the appropriate person.*
- Keeps abreast of internal and external changes and developments.
- Assists in the training of new employees when needed
- Assists supervisor with various duties.
- Recommends new and/or improved procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Maintains a favorable and positive working relationship with internal and external sources.
- Keeps manager informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority to manager.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as requested.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school, supplemented by courses in word processing or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Previous experience in an office environment, preferably in a Call Center. Previous disability and leave management or insurance experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include early moning, evening, weekend, overnight or holiday shifts.
- Strong Customer Service
- Good personal computer skills/typing
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a high volume environment
Think all TPAs are the same? Think again. With Broadspire, our leading global third-party administrator (TPA), Crawford & Company is the consultative outsourcing partner that adapts to businesses’ needs and challenges at any point of the claims processing journey. We offer casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics.
As part of the One Crawford family, Broadspire brings together the best and brightest people in the industry to deliver smart, thoughtful solutions to our clients, and we are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that’s inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example – at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.