Product Owner I/II - Finance/Global General Ledger
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company.
About the role:
The Global Retail Markets Financial Services platform portfolio, part of GRM Finance, is looking for a Product Owner I-II to lead an offshore Agile squad focused on the platforms supporting our East/West Global General Ledger implementation. The squad’s primary mission is to achieve operational efficiencies and enhance the customer experience.
In this role, you will manage key interactions with business stakeholders, collaborate with other functional areas to share best practices and learnings, provide guidance to the squad, and ensure key performance indicator goals are being met. You will be working in close partnership with our implementation partner and an offshore Agile squad. This role will report to a Sr. Product Owner and can be based out Boston or any of our New Hampshire Liberty Mutual office locations.
- Articulate and translate the product vision into feature(s) for a particular product and communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Responsible and accountable for assigned feature level key performance indicators (KPI`s).
- Support defining minimum viable product (MVP) and effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Ownership of the quarterly roadmap and squad backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement).
- Work day to day with our implementation partner and offshore squad clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy
- Present out to senior leaders on progress of deliverables.
- Analyze feasibility, cost ramifications, economics, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Set the quality standard for delivery, develop user story acceptance criteria, accept each story and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality.
- Lead problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt and efficient service.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field plus a minimum of 5 years' experience in finance, technology and/or consulting. Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management.
- Finance/General Ledger experience preferred.
- International work experience preferred.
- Ability to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on business vision and the impact of change.
- Ability to make challenging and quick decisions on a daily basis.
- Experience presenting to and influencing a diverse group of senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.