Data Coordinator (2nd Shift)
Assist the Operations Supervisor with the management of a team of associates, reviewing time recording keeping, preparing disciplines and reviewing performance.
- Hourly Performance reports and posting to area boards
- Training Management and record keeping
- Hourly performance reports by associate for supervisor review (for adherence to requirements for yield and throughput) to include associates exceeding expected results
- Track hourly QA failures for supervisor to make immediate adjustments
- Keep track of the time associates spend on various tasks (job switching)
- Track parts audits to individual levels and report parts usage
- Generate lookup reports to establish associate responsibilities for handling and processing (i.e. unknown bins of devices found without a label)
- Run WIP report by process step to better monitor and lend ability to move associates and keep line flow even
- Monitor supplies and distribute
- Correction of kitting rejects for SKU parts removal
- Sort and track QA fail data connecting a fail to a shift and as associate when possible
- Track materials bench audits and maintain reports on each bench/associate
- Maintain spreadsheets on various processes as directed by supervisor
- Be able to initiate spread sheets, pivot tables and create charts and analyze data
- Tasks are basic, simple and repetitive. Consisting but not limited to data entry, preparation of graphs and updating charts on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Follows standard guidelines for performing tasks.
- Resolves simple problems, refers more difficult items to higher levels.
- Assists in assembling data needed or other items for reports.
- Verifies information.
- Checks for completeness
- Generally work in one functional area but may rotate through other areas for familiarization with broader activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years general experience in an office setting.
- Must be able to talk and hear
- Required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Demonstrated use of database user interface and query software- data entry software
- Spreadsheet software- Microsoft Excel- more than a basic understanding with the ability to navigate, create, or formulate
- Word processing software- Microsoft Word- basic documents and reports
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills including, effective oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel as well as external personnel.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and able handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be available to work extra hours and Saturdays as needed.
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.