P&C Claims Supervisor
Are you looking for an opportunity to supervise a team of associates focused on making a difference by helping our customers get their lives back in order following a property damage or loss? Do you enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where we work together to meet our customer’s expectations for service?
As a Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of a team of claim adjusters within the Property and Casualty Claims department. Your team will be responsible for the investigation of insurance claims based on coverage, appraisal results, and verifiable damage.
Successful P&C Supervisor effectively lead, manage, and motivate employees to meet production service standards and provide coaching and development to help employees grow and succeed.
We offer a management career path and individual coaching and development in a professional and friendly work environment. We have company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment), stock purchase plan, and many additional benefits.
Must have a P&C Adjuster license or be willing to obtain one within 30 days. Time for training and any applicable cost/fees will be provided.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of associates responsible for investigating and settling property and casualty claims.
- Communicate, evaluate, and reinforce productivity standards and performance expectations.
- Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
- Assist in training processes and procedures and developing employees.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews, and investigations when necessary.
- Resolve non-routine and escalated customer calls.
- Research and respond to customer complaints, take appropriate action, and ensure follow up communications occur.
- Monitor quality assurance program and conduct monthly call reviews with team members. Identify trends and provide appropriate direction.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Meet with clients and/or TPAs as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Maintain and increase skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the claims process in a P&C environment
- Minimum of 1 years of supervisory/management or team lead experience including coaching and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- P&C Adjuster license or ability to obtain within 30 days
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the P&C claims process from beginning to end
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting client service standards and production goals
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions
- Bilingual a plus