AmTrust Financial Services
Renewal Underwriter - Specialty Casualty
Our Specialty Casualty underwriting department is seeking Underwriters to join our Business Retention Team. The Specialty Casualty team delivers significant value to our wholesale brokers by providing them with an underwriting capability for higher hazard General Liability and Excess insurance needs that are best addressed on an individual risk basis.
With this opportunity, you will underwrite and manage a renewal portfolio of non-admitted primary and excess liability risks with a focus on construction, products liability, hospitality and distressed premises risks,Responsibilities
- Review individual risks within established renewal processes to determine the appropriate actions with respect to pricing and coverage terms in conjunction with established company guidelines and philosophies. Monitors key performance metrics in order to achieve individual and unit goals.
- Identify and take corrective action and/or collaborate with the appropriate area within the organization based on individual risk characteristics identified through broker reviews, large loss analysis, risk control, etc.
- Ensure brokers have a clear understanding of the Primary Casualty Unit objectives and coverage trends/issues with respect to the renewal portfolio, as well as support overall communication regarding Unit product offerings and risk appetite.
- Collaborate with the Primary Casualty Production staff to ensure a consistent producer experience is achieved across all transactions within the Primary Casualty Business Unit.
- Ensure premium audits are reviewed promptly to determine if any potential actions may be required based on the noted operations or exposures.
- Exhibits thorough working knowledge of sound underwriting principles, policies, procedures, and controls.
- Works collaboratively with other team members and mentor less experienced underwriters and support staff.
- Keeps current on issues affecting the general liability line of business as well as the competitors and the overall marketplace. Attends industry conferences and general marketing appointments as required.
- 3+ years commercial general liability insurance experiencers
- BA/BS degree, with demonstrated involvement in insurance industry education. ASLI or CPCU designations strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial lines risk, classification, pricing and coverage options with adherence to applicable statutory compliance issues and corporate guidelines.
- Knowledge of basic commercial property and casualty coverage.
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred
- Working knowledge of the wholesale agency distribution system preferred.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.