AmTrust Financial Services
Senior Underwriter – Specialty Casualty AmTrust E&S Insurance Services.
Our Specialty Casualty underwriting department is seeking a Senior Underwriter to join our growing team. The Specialty Casualty team delivers significant value to our wholesale brokers by providing them with an underwriting capability for higher hazard General Liability and Excess insurance needs that are best addressed on an individual risk basis.
With this opportunity, you will underwrite and manage a portfolio of hard to place liability risks with tougher exposures considered unique or challenging in accordance with AmTrust E&S guidelines, strategy and profitability standards. The person in this position is responsible for new business development, risk analysis and assessment, coverage evaluation, pricing and contract negotiation in order to maintain and develop a profitable portfolio of non-admitted primary and excess liability risks.Responsibilities
- Build and maintain a solid flow of new business opportunities, identifying opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources. Position has direct responsibility for broker development and management within a book of business.
- Develop risk pricing by analyzing exposures, claims experience, utilizing pricing tools and worksheets, comparison to similar risks, as well as experience in underwriting exposures pertaining to individual risks, for new accounts within assigned portfolio and authority level.
- Consistently achieve budgeted financial results (premium, loss ratio, retention, commissions, pricing, new business, premium collection, and expense management) as established for individual portfolios.
- Identify and take corrective action and/or collaborate with the appropriate area within the organization based on individual risk characteristics identified through broker reviews, large loss analysis, risk control, etc.
- Insure compliance with underwriting strategies and regulatory requirements.
- Remain current on legal and regulatory changes and claim development in order to contribute to unit product development and portfolio decisions.
- Provide responsive service to brokers by delivering timely and accurate quotes and endorsements.
- Minimum of 7 years of Liability underwriting experience preferred; high-hazard, complex risks, or E&S underwriting experience highly desired with a focus on construction, products liability, hospitality and distressed premises risks.
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred, or equivalent in experience
- CPCU or other related Insurance Designation(s) preferred
- Knowledge of commercial Excess and Surplus lines risk, classification, pricing and coverage options with adherence to applicable statutory compliance issues and corporate guidelines.
- Able to understand and execute to strategic priorities including; pricing strategy, agent strategy, rate strategy, underwriting appetite, limit management and mix of business.
- Strong knowledge of the E & S external market and demonstrated marketing and business development experience within the wholesale distribution channel.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.