AmTrust Financial Services
Senior Underwriter – AmTrust E&S - Contract Binding
Underwrites individual risk for acceptability, pricing, coverage, terms and conditions, by developing, analyzing and evaluating information and exposures on risks of an increasing complex technical nature with a high level of authority. Achieves production and loss ratio goals with assigned agents / brokers by reviewing and analyzing claims, loss history and taking appropriate action on accounts.Responsibilities
- Researches and develops new classes of business as directed. Researches market trends and competition.
- Assesses market viability, suggest form wording on endorsements and exclusions and supports rate changes based on global strategy.
- Reviews individual risks with assigned brokers and either declines or accepts business based upon information necessary to make the decision.
- Analyzes, with the highest level of technical expertise and accuracy, exposures to loss, develops an adequate premium charge for the exposure, determine endorsements and exclusions to address loss exposures for the insurance contract, including developing manuscript wording appropriate to the risk.
- Achieves team/individual production and loss ratio goals with assigned agents / brokers through sound management and marketing.
- Works with the most complex issues concerning coverage, terms and conditions, etc. The underwriter continually analyzes premium and loss results of assigned agents / brokers; by state, major classes of business, etc.
- Oversees or handles policy maintenance items and other mid-term requests. As well as conducting midterm policy audits.
- Reviews endorsement requests and authorizes necessary changes to the policy. Reviews Loss Control reports and recommendations; collaborates with the agent / broker to ensure loss control compliance
- Travels to broker offices as required for training or marketing visits. Entertains clients visiting the Company as required. Assists with development of marketing ideas and strategies for Underwriting events and other marketing campaigns.
- Undergraduate studies degree preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Completion of general insurance courses such as CPCU, CIC, AU, ARM, CPIW, CWIS, or ASLI is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years Commercial Lines underwriting experience handling complex accounts, excess & surplus lines experience required.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.