About the Role
The Senior Accountant joins a complex organization in the financial services and private equity space. Currently the team is spread out across a few different geographies (the Midwest and East Coast) with many of the duties you’ll assume being handed down from the New England office to where you sit in Kansas City. Your experience in a larger organization prepares you to dive into the accounting complexities within this holding company’s investment portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities
Accounting, analytics and reporting with a focus on corporate entities structures for the parent company of a financial services company.
- Manage accounting for investment and corporate holding entities
- Transaction initiation, external reporting, variance analysis and other analytical reviews
- Quarterly general ledger reconciliations
- Complete various audit related work papers for interim and annual audits
- Partner with internal and external business partners to improve processes and financial reporting
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Public accounting or corporate accounting experience; either way work in a larger organization is important
Traits a qualified candidate possess include:
- You’re naturally inquisitive and think critically about ways to improve processes and efficiencies rather than maintain the same approach because it’s what’s been done before.
- You are hungry for a career in accounting. You offer knowledge and experience that makes the organization better.
- You work well independently, don’t require a lot of direction and understand how to set and execute your own daily agenda. You also know how to build relationships with a team that has colleagues working alongside of you and in offices several states away.
- You have a strong technical accounting background handling the process from ‘soup to nuts’. You can get a handle on accounting for a complicated investment intermediary with multiple subsidiaries.
Compensation & Perks
$75k-$100k is the project’s working salary range. Eligible for full company benefits and an annual bonus structure.
Apply for Senior Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly