Provider Data Steward
The PROVIDER DATA STEWARD serves as the lead steward and SME for HPSM provider data, and leads user experience improvements to provider-facing information systems (including HPSM’s provider portal, provider directory, provider credentialing system, and other data-sharing platforms). Collaborate across departments to design and implement improvements to data maintenance workflows. Provide data quality oversight. Develop and produce reports on HPSM’s provider network for a variety of business users.
Essential Duties of this position include:
- Act as an advocate for provider user experience in the design of new provider-facing systems, and in the development of system enhancements.
- Create and maintain department reports to track and summarize provider network adequacy, to support Provider Services projects and network development programs.
- Generate, or validate, provider network reports for regulatory agencies as needed.
- Act as a champion for provider data quality at HPSM, including:
- Support the development of data quality and assurance processes, in collaboration with other departments
- Create and maintain an inventory of all provider data sources -- including business definitions, parameters, formats, refresh periodicities, source contacts and end users.
- Develop, administer, and maintain ongoing data quality monitoring reports and processes
- Act as lead data steward for provider data, making data updates in a timely manner and identifying opportunities for automating or improving data workflows.
- Train end users on data definition and data entry protocols, and keep HPSM analysts informed when data definitions, business rules, or user entry practices change.
- Work with IT and BSI during new system implementations and upgrades to ensure new systems are best positioned for data maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, training and experience required. Minimum of four (4) years related experience including at least two (2) years working with healthcare data. Previous user experience design required. Two (2) years project management experience highly preferred. Any experience working in a provider setting is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
To be successful in this position will require that you possess the following:
- Knowledge of enterprise data management and data quality principles required.
- Understanding and demonstrated use of process improvement principles.
- Prefer knowledge of provider directories or provider network analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and analyze data and data structures, develop insight and recommend process or data changes.
- Ability to break down complex problems into pieces that can be solved with data and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business requirements for data systems to meet organizational priorities.
- Capability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and re-prioritize as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and maintain constructer working relationships.
- Ability to handle complex issues with diplomacy.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; Employee Wellness Program including onsite fitness center and more.