Manager - Financial Reporting
About the Role
For over 50 years they have constantly pushed themselves to innovate on their customers behalf to meet their changing needs. They offer leading-edge life insurance and annuity products through a growing independent agent market. Shared cultural values: Collaboration, Authenticity, Dynamics, and Empowerment.
The Manager, Financial Reporting will report to the Director, Financial Reporting and interact with all levels of senior management. He/she will lead other members of the Financial Reporting Team and collaborate with various departments across the Company, as applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the SEC annual and interim reports, GAAP financial statements, schedules and analysis
- Oversee of the NAIC statutory-basis annual and quarterly statements
- Execute internal controls designed to mitigate identified risks within the financial reporting process
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implementing changes necessary for strategic vision, including internal control enhancements to ensure risks are adequately mitigated
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of experience in financial reporting, accounting, or auditing
- Life insurance or financial services experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Financial reporting package and web filings experience preferred
- CPA license preferred
Compensation & Perks
They offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, as well as a focus on learning and development, in addition to an organizational culture that works hard and has fun.