Custard Insurance Adjusters, Inc., a National Third Party Administration (TPA) company has an opening for a claims adjuster position in our Lee’s Summit (Kansas City) office.
About Custard Insurance Adjusters, Inc.
Custard Insurance Adjusters' mission is to provide its clients with the highest quality of claim service available in the industry. We are recognized as a premier company, continuing to increase our role as a national leader in the claims service field. Our commitment to this mission is evident as we strive to:
Provide consistently superior products and services throughout CIA's network of branch locations in the United States and Puerto Rico.
Lend oneself favorably to a positive culture, engaging associates with a selfless commitment to one another.
Maintain a strong sense of urgency in responding to the needs of our clients.
Provide customized services, when needed, to satisfy the individual requirements of our clients.
Provide a fair and competitive price for the products and services offered.
Establish and maintain a partnership with our clients for long-term relationships.
Continue to place emphasis on excellence at all levels of our organization and increase our role as a national leader in the claim service field.
Principle Job Duties:
- Respond to and document incoming calls, faxes, and e-mails timely
- Review policies to determine coverage
- Investigate losses through interviews, recorded statements, obtaining police and other reports, along with utilizing field staff as needed and requested by clients
- Identify and negotiate comparative negligence along with a clear understanding of liability laws and statutes
- Properly enter all communications within claims system
- Establish and maintain accurate reserves
- Effectively negotiate claims with insureds, claimants, and attorneys
- Prepare comprehensive reports for clients and management
- Authorize and submit claim payments
- Maintain an active diary system
- Recognize subrogation potential
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with internal and external customers
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor/management
At least three years of auto claims handling experience in commercial or personal auto claims, with at least one year of injury claims handling, is preferred. Multi-State claims handling experience preferred. Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills with experience utilizing Microsoft Windows and Office applications. Also, exceptional oral and written communication skills and analytical abilities. Ability to obtain adjuster licenses in all required states.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). In addition, flexible spending accounts, disability/life insurance, vacation/sick time.