Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Commercial Property Claims Examiner who enjoys intellectual challenge and seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth.
As a Commercial Property Claims Examiner, you will review and analyze 1st party Commercial claims to determine coverage and extent of damage to property and recommend settlement amounts in order to conclude claims with policy holders in accordance with policy provisions and applicable insurance statutes and laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews the insurance policy, endorsements, and related information in order to make a coverage determination.
- Conducts the appropriate claim investigation and directs the investigation of any assigned independent or other vendor.
- Obtains any physical evidence, develops third party information and theory of liability, conducts interviews, and secures official records.
- Provides prompt service to policyholders utilizing phone, fax, mail and electronic mail. Communicates with all customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Reviews adjusters’ reports, damage estimates, expert reports and any other documentation needed to make the appropriate coverage and loss decisions to conclude assigned claims.
- Makes recommendations and decisions based on claim documentation and investigation.
- Maintains file documentation, file notes and investigation documentation on each assigned claim in accordance with company guidelines.
- Maintains open claim inventory per company guidelines.
- Communicates with Claims Supervisors consistent with company guidelines.
- Operates in accordance with Florida Statues.
- Maintains FL License by meeting Continuing Education requirements.
- Operates within assigned authority guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree (four-year college/university preferred) or equivalent professional education and experience combined; minimum of 5 years related Commercial Adjusting experience (field adjusting commercial experience preferred).
- Florida Adjuster's License
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Contribute to team discussions
- Become proficient with all tools and technologies
- Be open with new ideas or proposals
- Possess strong communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent customer focus
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Health Savings Accounts
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- State of the Art work out facility (Corporate office)
- Business casual dress, and more
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.