Workers' Compensation Claims Coordinator - Experienced - Lansing, MI
Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking someone whose experience and demonstrated capabilities can offer other associates handling workers’ compensation claims educational experiences by conducting both formal training exercises and working specifically with individuals to develop their effectiveness in their various roles.
The position requires the following but is not limited to:
· Develop, prepare and present educational materials in workers compensation that focus on areas in need of improvement and use these materials in a manner that facilitates the development of other associates.
· Work with branch management to reinforce the skills of associates handling workers compensation claims within a branch and facilitate branch management’s understanding of the associate’s development.
· Work effectively with associates and management at all levels.
· Review open claim files of any complexity for proper investigation and payment and assist in bringing these files to a timely and appropriate conclusion.
· Travel; attend meetings, seminars and other training classes as required.
· Assist with other duties as assigned on request.
· Travel to branch offices on a regular basis.
· Willing to be temporarily reassigned on request.
· Handle special projects as management determines necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Several years of medical related claim experience, preferably in Workers’ Compensation, or related experience and some educational course work in insurance are desirable.
· Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
· Above average problem solving and training skills with strong analytical skill capabilities
· Ability to recognize the need to improve or change activities or behavior
· Ability to exhibit leadership, perform as a role model and maintain professional image
· Ability to continually seek more efficient and effective ways to train and build the skill level of our workers’ compensation claim associates
· Ability to resolve complex issues
· Ability to organize and interpret data
· Ability to handle multiple assignments
Competitive salary, matching 401K retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company made up of five property and casualty companies and one life/health/annuity insurer. Established in 1916 and headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, we currently operate in 26 states. Our written premium is nearly $7 billion, and we are proud to have been ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002. Auto-Owners continues to be recognized for exceptional financial strength and stability among the nation’s largest insurers. We partner with independent agencies that sell our products and are consistently acknowledged for our superior customer service to our agents and our policyholders.
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully-funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Auto-Owners is also committed to a work/life balance and provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you're looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, Auto-Owners is the place for you!
Apply for Workers' Compensation Claims Coordinator - Experienced
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly