Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The position collaborates directly with customers, business and IT to develop business intelligence solutions. The incumbent will be responsible for surveying, analyzing, developing, implementing and maintaining customized customer facing information solutions leveraging BI tools such as Cognos, Qlik, Power BI and/or other Microsoft suite tools. The incumbent is responsible for/involved in all aspects of the life of the system/application which may include requirements development and documentation, application development, testing and implementation, production support/troubleshooting, maintenance of system documentation, training responding to customer concerns and communicating results.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize business and system knowledge to support business needs. The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of Property Casualty insurance and Risk Management business practices.
- Understands impacts of changes to current state business process, data, feeds and systems.
- May participate in department and divisional planning process. Provides subject matter expertise and capabilities to business and IT projects.
- Evaluates requests for information, projects and enhancements.
- Recommend operational process improvements and/or system enhancements.
- Collaborate with project leads to develop work requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Participate in validation and verification activities such as test planning, test execution and issue management.
- Consults on troubleshooting and direct resolution. This includes requesting resources, migration through environments and ticket management.
- Proactively communicates status of enhancements, change requests and defects.
- Become a subject matter expert on business products, processes and operations and remain current on industry news.
- Manage change, defect and enhancement request process and assignment of approved work.
- Documentation and training:
- Maintains documentation of current state systems and processes.
- Assists in the development of training materials and business implementation/transition activities.
- Simultaneously supports multiple projects as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Three years of experience supporting business technology systems required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Business, MIS, or other related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience supporting business technology systems preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and industry-specific analysis software (Cognos, Qlik, Power BI).
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Business Perspective (Advanced): Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology (Intermediate): Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Analytical Thinking (Intermediate): Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Relationship Management (Intermediate): Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Communication (Intermediate): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Facilitation (Intermediate): Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Teamwork (Intermediate): Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Conflict Management (Intermediate): Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Intermediate): Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Intermediate): Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
Incumbent works in a typical office environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE