Underwriting - Vice President
Work for one of the Best! Gulfstream was voted one of the Best Companies To Work For in Florida in 2019, based on offering a quality workplace that employees appreciate. Come work for a top employer in beautiful and sunny Sarasota, FL!
The Vice President of Underwriting serves as a key member of the leadership team. The VP will work with the Chief Underwriting Officer to set organization goals and structure. The VP provides ongoing management in the interpretation, implementation, and achievement of business goals.
- Work with Chief Underwriting Officer to provide strategic direction and leadership for the Company’s underwriting strategy and philosophy;
- Manage all third-party model discussions;
- Provide direction to the Company on catastrophic risk and accumulation;
- Oversee catastrophe post-event analysis to derive loss estimates;
- Evaluate and encourage product application, marketing, and underwriting discipline that will sustain business results and growth;
- Work with Actuarial on new product development initiatives;
- Evaluate underwriting, renewals and new business, actuarial trends, market opportunity, and product application;
- Ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines;
- Work with the Chief Underwriting Officer, President and CEO, and Executive Leadership to make critical decisions affecting risk, profitability and growth of the business;
- Assess and implement process improvements in the underwriting department as technologies and business models evolve;
- Prepare quarterly underwriting reports.
- Ongoing review of existing products to ensure performance consistent with targeted metrics;
- Partner with other internal functions to coordinate new product offerings and changes to existing programs;
- Coordinate actuarial support, catastrophe modeling inputs, and associated analytics;
- Collaborate with management, staff, and outside consultants to verify, analyze, and implement necessary changes to ensure compliance with state laws, rules and regulations, and any relevant external requirements;
- Communicate with all interested parties to ensure that business requirements are documented and understood;
- Liaison with BPO vendor to implement products in the system based on approved rates, rules, and forms;
- Set and meet aggressive implementation goals in a BPO environment;
- Direct internal testing efforts to ensure that system performance is consistent with business requirements.
Apply for Underwriting - Vice President
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly