Adjuster - Liability - Level 2
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet associate needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
The Level 2 Adjuster is responsible for a caseload which includes complex coverage and liability issues and any claims involving minor injuries. This position requires thorough and complete investigations to gather sufficient information to make informed and knowledgeable coverage and liability decisions.
- Investigate and evaluate coverage, liability and damages in handling of all lines of coverage for personal automobile policies.
- Must also be able to develop exposures and evaluate injury claims fairly and equitably based on the damages.
- Negotiate fair and equitable settlements and obtain proper closing documents.
- Adhere to company reserving philosophy.
- Monitor and control expenses.
- Maintain 1:1 closing ratio.
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Florida Adjuster License required.
Knowledge & Experience
Minimum of 3 years of experience in handling non-standard auto insurance. Knowledge of coverage issues and statutory requirements.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrative ease with both verbal and written formats.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- A high degree of motivation and team orientation.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific associate. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AssuranceAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer