3 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies is seeking a production Database Administrator to work closely with our software developers, business analysts, and networking team.
As a DBA at GUARD, you will be a key member of our information technology team. You work on a DBA team with business partners to develop new solutions to automate and enhance our business and system processes. You will enhance and maintain our current database and software environments. You will have the opportunity to work on initiatives involving Azure and the cloud.
Most of GUARD’s software is internally developed, using a mixture of C#, MVC, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS, and some legacy tools.
Being part of an on-call rotation is part of the duties of the position, with a certain amount of night or weekend responsibilities.Responsibilities
The DBA role at GUARD requires more than just SQL Server. Responsibilities include:
- SQL Server 2016 Enterprise
- SQL High Available/Disaster Recovery, including Failover Clusters and Logshipping
- Data Encryption and Data Security
- Microsoft IIS Server Administration
- Maintaining and Refreshing Multiple Environments for programmers, testers, trainers, and production
- Ensuring System Uptime and Performance
- Capacity Planning
- Third Party Software Administration
- Developing and enhancing tools to automate all of these responsibilities.
- 3+ years of experience as a Production DBA in a Microsoft SQL Server Environment (Enterprise experience is not a requirement, but is a plus)
- Some knowledge of programming (C#, TSQL, or any modern language)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adjust priorities and work in an agile environment
- Ability to work in a team, effectively, with other DBAs, developers, network administrators, and business analysts
- Cloud Experience is a plus
- PowerShell experience is very helpful
Why join are team?
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- Competitive health care package (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Award-winning “wellness” program
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan
- Longevity award (company-sponsored vacation after each five years of employment)
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site training
- A family friendly environment
- Job postings for available positions and a practice of promoting from within the company
- A business casual dress code
- Several forums for employees to participate in a range of community-service activities.
- Paid life insurance and disability coverage
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of the world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!