Sr. Programmer Analyst
7 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs all phases of development including design, code, test, and debug programs.
• Analyzes, reviews, and alters programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
• Provides input to business analysts and/or system analysts during requirements gathering.
• Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
• Develops and maintains automobile insurance policy administration system desktop, console, and web applications implemented on N-tiered architecture.
• Tests code using various forms of testing, including but not limited to, manual and automated unit tests, functional testing, etc.
• Maintains code integrity, branches, and migration within source control.
• Prepares builds for deployment to production environment, including writing necessary powershell scripts and change control instructions for network/operations staff.
• Supports multiple systems in production through maintenance cycles, post deployment monitoring, and troubleshooting issues.
• Researches and reviews manuals and technical reports to learn ways to develop programs that meet user requirements.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related field preferred. Additional appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
4 or more years of experience developing and managing desktop, console and web-based automobile insurance policy administration system applications implemented on N-tiered architecture; experience with Ratabase, GhostDraft, SSRS, SSIS a plus.
• Knowledge of automobile insurance policy administration.
• Technical skills in application design, development, testing and deployment.
• Knowledge of object-oriented design, relational databases, Windows Server 2012/2016, IIS and SQL Server.
• Effective problem-solving skills, including ability to analyze complex issues, find the root cause of the problem, and consider a wide range of alternatives before acting.
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational and customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility while maintaining attention to detail, work independently and interact professionally and effectively in team environment.