Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Works under General Direction. Manages others. General Direction: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed.
Responsible for planning and implementation of marketing programs or projects that support organizational marketing objectives for volume, revenue, profit, customer acquisitions, retention and satisfaction within in PI Retail Marketing. Works individually or with a team to develop marketing programs which may include analyzing market considerations, estimating costs and manage program/project budgets. These positions have multifunctional marketing focus including such functions as: promotion, advertising, research, competitive analysis, communications, brand management, website management.
This position is responsible for the management of our proprietary agent marketing platform (toolkitPlus) which enables Travelers to initiate both B2B and B2C marketing campaigns on behalf of over 19,000 Personal Insurance agents. The role will lead external vendor and internal cross functional teams to build new capability, manage current capability, update content and continually optimize both user and admin experience. They role will also sets the overall strategy to ensure this platform continually drives value to the business and manages a direct report.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Marketing Platform Owner:
- Manages the operations of the toolkitPlus agent marketing platform including daily monitoring, ad hoc capability updates through platform vendor and monthly version updates with Travelers IT
- Collaborates with internal/external partners to write business requirements for platform enhancements and manage the build process through launch
- Maintains rigorous testing processes to ensure high quality production deliverables
- Conducts continual process improvements that reduce or eliminate content errors and inconsistencies.
- Works with IT partner to champion IT infrastructure improvements and enhancements to improve operations.
- Recommends capability builds to the platform based on marketing intelligence, research, user experience, best practices and business goals
- Integrates and optimizes mobile, tablet, desktop sites and mobile apps into agent marketing ecosystem.
- Creates and manages to short/long term capability roadmaps and annual budgets
- Provides input to senior managers in developing and establishing marketing policies.
- Ensures that overall budget schedules and performance standards are realistically set and attained.
- Work involves a broad latitude for decision-making and review of actions through goal attainment.
- Manages day-to-day workflow of employees giving work direction, training and performance feedback.
Marketing Campaign Development and Execution
- Leads integrated campaigns, programs and projects. Provides general direction to and review of marketing program staff. Develops organizational policies and authorizes implementation of same.
- Develops new B2B and B2C marketing campaigns from initial strategy through to marketing execution, using tactics such as email, social media, video, online/web content, podcasts, webinars and offline media
- Manages and partners with internal and external creative services partners to develop marketing campaigns and tactics
- Drives agent usage of the agent platform through collaboration with Sales, Communications and Training groups to promote new campaigns to the Field Sales teams and agents
- Co-leads the process to onboard Salesforce Marketing Cloud for agent marketing and communications
- Utilizes Salesforce Marketing Cloud to execute agent email communications
- May be accountable for: developing marketing communications campaigns, establishing external marketing relationships, driving new processes to optimize quality and efficiency and/or conducting external market research/surveys.
Analytics and Insights
- Manages digital analytics implementation, reporting and analysis using Google Analytics, Data Studios Dashboard, Core Metrics and proprietary dashboard
- Produces regular reports on platform performance, agent usage trends and provides insights based on media channel, content, geography and other factors
- Partners with analytic resources to measure and quantify impact of marketing campaigns on business outcomes such as Travelers.com traffic, quotes, sales and retention at the individual agent and macro campaign level
- Conducts analysis on the impact of agent usage on consumer engagement including email, video and social media via metrics such as impressions, click thru rates and likes/shares/comments.
- Conduct user experience and market research studies to inform and prioritize investments
Minimum of 6 years of experience in marketing related field.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in marketing or other related field or equivalent experience.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Demonstrated ability to attract and retain, manage, coach and develop others. Intermediate written and verbal communications skills Advanced project management and organizational skills Intermediate consulting skills Intermediate analytical and strategic thinking skills Intermediate Leadership Skills, including ability to: Coach and develop employees. Leverage Differences. Manage in participative manner. Manage change effectively. Inspire others and promote a vision. Understand and navigate organization. Align resources to accomplish key objectives. Intermediate skill/competency level: demonstrates solid knowledge and ability; can apply the competency with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situationsFluent in the use of Google Analytics, Datastudios, Coremetrics and external metrics platforms such as Facebook.
Skilled in the use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Strong technical skills including knowledge of development methodologies and best practices.
Strong understanding of web architectures and technologies.
Ability to troubleshoot and fix production errors in short timeframes.
Capability to apply common development methodologies and project management techniques.
Ability to work on multiple projects and set priorities.
Strong analytical skills and mastery of analytical tools (e.g. Excel, Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.).
Ability to create and present executive facing presentations and other materials.
Experience with independent agents/brokers and financial services sales organizations
Enterprise-level B2B website management experience.
Multiple vendor and agency management experience.
Experience in digital strategy, analytics and CMS (Content Management System) preferred.
2-3 years of prior management experience.
Operates standard office equipment (Frequently) Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE