Claims Adjuster - Workers' Compensation - Work from Home in Alaska
5 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Spending too much money on gas and too much time commuting to and from work? Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (“Superior”) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. We are seeking a Workers’ Compensation Claims Representative to work from home in the state of Alaska.Responsibilities
- Effectively managing a caseload of approximately 160 claims from Alaska, California and other Western states
- Determining compensability and/or coverage issues for workers' compensation claims involving loss of time
- Directing settlements under management's review
- Gathering medical and factual evidence
- Directing the activities of outside investigation and handling litigation files within given authority
- This position requires daily contact with claimants and/or their attorneys, outside investigators, and rehabilitation personnel as well as routine contact with insureds, medical providers, and agents
- This position requires travel to our office in Sacramento CA quarterly and our home office in PA annually
- Training will be provided in PA for the first 2 weeks of the position
- Prior experience handling litigated claims in Alaska with necessary licenses is required.
- Prior claims experience with Longshore and/or Assigned RISC claims is preferred
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
- Strong computer skills are essential for this position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!