Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
- Works closely with the Bond & Specialty Insurance Commercial Surety (CMS) Analytics & Strategic Initiatives Director and the Strategic Initiatives team to support CMS leadership in the achievement of the CMS business plan, goals and strategies.
- Drives development and completion of key initiatives related to data, compliance, records retention, underwriting file reviews, best practices, and other areas as directed. Makes recommendations based on analysis for new strategies and business initiative improvements.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
DATA AND REPORTING:
- Collaborates with Analytics & Strategic Initiatives Director and other stakeholders to execute business and agency portfolio reports on a timely, ongoing basis.
- Provides input and oversees execution of report enhancements including the development of new reporting tools, support of data quality initiatives, and user acceptance testing as needed.
- Assists and drives rollout and training.
- Performs research and analysis of key business metrics.
- Recommends new and better ways to measure business effectiveness and support underwriting and growth goals.
- Provides support for underwriting portfolio and risk analysis.
- Provides input to Strategic Initiatives and BU teams to identify and analyze emerging strategic needs.
- Collaborates with Strategic Initiatives team, senior leadership, field teams, and others to define and execute key strategic and tactical projects.
- Works with CMS Leaders and other stakeholders to define business best practices, including developing policies and procedures, workflow, and implementation strategies.
- Projects may relate to underwriting, reporting and data, prospect/targeting/sales and existing/new systems applications/projects and other.
- Facilitates and participates in business meetings with the CMS leadership team and/or assists in preparing agenda and content for meetings.
- Partners and collaborates with Bond & Specialty Insurance partners, including Finance, Actuarial, Marketing, BI&A, Technology, Compliance, Training, Underwriting Services, and Enterprise to help support the needs of the CMS business unit.
- Identifies innovative solutions and approaches.
- Sustains a sense of urgency around project critical paths and issues.
- Delivers on commitments.
- Collaborates with Strategic Initiatives, BU teams, and other corporate groups as needed. Examples may include, but are not limited to, Business Continuity, Records Management, Underwriting Appetite Matrix, Data Committees, and Vendor Management.
- Leads, coordinates, and/or participates in home office and field office account, transaction and re-performance compliance and quality audits to ensure compliance with internal and external rules and regulations. Executes planning and communication processes to ensure impacted groups are actively engaged in the review processes. Ensures audit processes are followed through to completion and results are shared as appropriate.
- Collaborates (and liaises) with Bond & Specialty Insurance Compliance group to identify corrective action plans, and to report and certify results.
- Coordinates and implements training, policies and procedure updates in response to quality findings and results.
- Leads, coordinates, and/or participates in Record Management processes for the CMS Home Office BU and works closely with Corporate contacts to ensures communication measures are in place to assure broad compliance with retention and handling procedures.
- Works with BU Records Coordinator to ensure records management processes are in place and the BU is operating towards a paperless environment goal.
- CMS Employee Development and Staffing.
- Assists Strategic Initiatives team and others in developing and implementing training programs for the business unit where assigned, which may include Bond Schools, Rotations, Advanced Seminars, webinars, and potential new programs.
- Encourages and helps develop diverse talent within the context of the role.
- Actively serves as a role model and mentor to less experienced team members.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Proven track record of working within a collaborative team environment
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Comfortable with Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office Suite products
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years of analytical and project management experience preferred
- Advanced skills with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite products
- Exposure to QlikView and/or similar tools
- Experience with SQL or similar programming language
Occasional travel may be required (<10%)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE