Accountant - Senior Staff
Senior Staff Accountant
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparation of accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals, and logs. The successful candidate will perform monthly bank reconciliations, prepare accounting reports and documentation, process accounting transactions and assist in any assigned accounting function.
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs.
- Execute or support transaction processing activities such as accounts payable to ensure accurate and timely processing and reporting of transactions.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare reports detailing monthly expenses by cost center.
- Analyze corporate expenses, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results.
- Provide detailed analyses and explanation of transactions.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of company budgets and forecast results.
- Follow company established accounting processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5 to 7 years corporate accounting experience working with GAAP and general ledger systems
- 3 to 5 years Insurance Industry and Statutory Accounting experience
- Yellow Book experience is required
- Excel experience is required