Staff Attorney- Liability and Auto
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (“Superior”) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. We are currently searching for a recent law school graduate or junior associate with only 1-3 years of liability experience to join our growing in-house law department located in Parsippany, New Jersey. If you are a reliable and organized professional with strong communication skills and who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then our team might be right for you!
The Staff Attorney will work under the supervision of experienced counsel in order to obtain the necessary skills to independently handle a caseload of general liability and auto matters in New York and potentially New Jersey.
The position requires a person who is professional, assertive, reliable and organized and who is willing and able to aggressively defend the interests of the insured and carrier throughout all stages of litigation. The candidate will work under the supervision of experienced counsel in reviewing claim and litigation files, attending court proceedings, providing legal research, preparing pleadings and written discovery, drafting legal memoranda and opinions and handling special projects. The candidate will work with experienced attorneys to understand the company’s claim and litigation philosophies with the goal of assuming a caseload of actively litigated files.Qualifications
- Completion of law school with JD and admission to the NY bar. NJ bar admission is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Relevant experience with technology, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Strong drive and motivation to become an influential member of in-house team
- Ability to travel weekly for court appearances
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of the world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!