Human Resources Director
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet our Associates’ needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space that functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, sensitivity to protecting a company culture and familiarity with working in a mid-size to small corporate environment to help make things happen.
This role will be led by an experienced HR leader who will be reporting to the company’s VP-Organizational Development & HR or the Executive VP/Operations. This HR Director will be an influential part of building best-in class processes and policies across the total organization.
This will include: HR strategy & planning, talent acquisition, performance management, compliance training, wellness, benefits, facilities management and oversight of payroll processing. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and seasoned HR professional to provide critical HR leadership and expertise to the business.
• Provides strategic consulting and problem-solving solutions for the complex issues of business leaders.
• Develops and achieves company Key Objectives and Key Results (OKR’s) in a way that assures success with interdepartmental alignment and every team member awareness of their individual OKR’s.
• Acts in concert with VP/EVP as change agent to the business; designs and recommends processes and approaches to continue preparing the organization for ongoing change and transformation.
• Drives the talent management program, including key talent identification (including recruitment), planning, development, and geographic expansion where appropriate.
• Partners and coordinates with department leaders in the development, management and delivery of a talent acquisition, management and development strategy.
• Promotes, facilitates, and supports an environment that is diverse and inclusive through recruitment, selection and retention of employees.
• Utilizes compensation, reward, recognition, continuing education and wellness programs to attract and provide opportunities for quality talent.
• Serves as liaison for organizational, human resources and facility-related relationships.
• Oversight of all employee relations issues to minimize risk to the organization, responding to questions or complaints from employees in a timely fashion.
• Oversees payroll and benefit administration
• Develop and deliver HR Compliance training modules in line with existing “Training for Traction” program that educates leaders/managers on HR topics including employee engagement, retention, employment law in line with management priorities and sound business practices appropriate for this mid-size company.
• Acts as a trusted advisor to Senior Management and helps to establish strong relationships with key internal stakeholders.
• Facilities management including on-going care of the existing facility.
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline.
Knowledge & Experience
- SHRM or HRCI Certification (preferred).
• 7+ years’ HR experience; specifically, with 3+ years as a strategic HR business leader/partner.
• Hands-on experience with payroll processing; HRIS/payroll systems experience such as ADP, UltiPro, SAP, Lawson, Ceridian, Paychex, etc. (familiarity with PAYCom a plus).
• Proven experience and depth with talent management and talent development, including recruitment.
• Solid experience in complying with federal and state employment laws and regulations while meeting business objectives.
• Strong MS Office skills (particularly Excel, Word and PP).
Skills & Competencies
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
• Solid planning and organizational skills including time management, prioritization and attention to detail.
• Self-directed and autonomous individual with initiative, strategic planning capabilities, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to combine a mix of situational and self-awareness, good judgment and logic to make strong and quality decisions; natural curiosity and business acumen.
• Ability to develop strong, trusting business relationships at all levels, regarded as a valued partner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for multiple audiences including external vendor partners, associates, management, and senior executives.
• High degree of ownership and self-motivation, demonstrating initiative and an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency and orientation toward successful execution.
• Strong analytical skills; uses and interprets data to validate plans and approaches.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific associate. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.