Territory Sales Manager
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet associate needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
Developing incremental business in existing accounts, educating and motivating agencies on all the steps they can take to generate profitable loss ratios, terminating or rehabilitating high loss ratio agencies, identifying and developing new accounts, and seeking alternative distribution sources. Territory Managers are accountable for profitable growth and new business within a specific assigned territory or state. This can be accomplished through consistent agency contact, educating and motivating owners agents and CSRs on ways to raise premium production and lower loss ratios, creative and high quality selling and managing skills, and superior planning and relationship building.
- Daily travel to agency locations for appropriate communication with the agency owner, agents and/or CSRs.
- Create and maintain structure to appropriately execute agency appointments, terminations and updates. Create and implement programs to improve loss ratio and retention, improve application/quote counts, generate AD&D sales, and increase corporate brand recognition.
- Provide regular and informed training to agents on updates, expansion of service, product line changes, etc.
- Demonstrate the use of selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, probing for information, utilizing testimonials, delivering our value proposition and closing.
- Timely completion of weekly sales reports, monthly calendar and any other required tasks/activities.
- Manage time effectively to meet established objectives and deadlines and work effectively with other members of the Sales/Field Management Department .
- Actively participate in regular Territory Manager meetings or conference calls etc. Share competitor information, assist with training and contribute to department goals and strategic planning.
- Maintain proficiency in using office equipment and software to enhance job requirements.
- Manage travel and other expenses to stay within budgetary constraints.
- Perform other duties as assigned and maintain flexibility during changes or requests with little notice.
- Present a professional image at all times.
- Respond to customer calls and inquires on a timely basis.
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Risk Management and/or Insurance or business related experience commensurate with four-year college degree.
Knowledge & Experience
Two years plus of general insurance background, marketing or sales related experience.
Minimum of three years of Carrier experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrative ease with both verbal and written formats.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple levels of activity without compromise to results.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
- Must possess analytical ability at a level to interact with associates, managers, agents and vendors.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to make autonomous decisions.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and effectively work both independently and in a group.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific associate. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.