Client Service Manager, Employee Benefits Dept.
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the specific needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The Employee Benefits Client Service Manager is responsible for delivering high quality and efficient service to both internal and external clients through day-to day account management of an assigned group of accounts. The Client Service Manager contributes to key business outcomes such as client retention, client satisfaction, enhancing W3’s value to our clients and prospects and fostering a culture of performance and continuous improvement. Builds and solidifies relationships with existing clients by providing exceptional ongoing service. In partnership with the Production Team, takes a leadership role in the renewal process, ensuring that the best possible solution is delivered to the client in a high-quality & timely manner.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Provide customer service and support to group clients and their employees by telephone and E-mail on all group insurance products sold by W3.
- Provide ongoing support to clients in person including on-site visits to the client both with the producer and alone.
- Assist with both new client presentations and renewals.
- Work with marketing specialist to prepare groups rate quote request for proposal (RFP).
- Follow up on RFP with marketing specialist and/or carriers to make sure that proposals are received on timely basis.
- Work with marketing specialist to prepare review for accuracy the presentation spreadsheets comparing carrier proposals and assemble W3 formal proposal to client.
- Work with producer to research and compare value added coverages and services (COBRA, FSA, etc.)
- Ability to field telephone inquiries from both clients and their employees about their current coverage and insurance contracts as well as general questions about insurance or benefits and regulations pertaining to insurance and benefits such as COBRA, HIPAA, and S125.
- Assist clients and their employees the in resolution of claims issues with carriers.
- Make routine service calls to the client's workplace as needed within their team structure to both to address service issues and to proactively demonstrate our high level of commitment to superior service.
- Work with producer to determine client's needs at renewal and then coordinate the data collection and proposal preparation of appropriate proposals from insurance carriers to meet those needs within a specified timeline.
- Assist the producers in the actual renewal process including coordinating and conducting employee meetings when requested and completing all necessary paperwork for both our internal records and for the carrier.
- Responsible for renewing insurance contracts for assigned small house non-VIP tier accounts without producer assistance.
- Ability to analyze numerous carrier proposals, select benefits and rates from each carrier proposal and then compare them on an Excel spreadsheet with extremely high degree of accuracy.
- Prepare numerous documents for presentation to the client, as required, and coordinate the delivery of formal proposals for both new client presentations and renewals.
- Assist with constructing employee benefit web sites for our clients.
- Responsible for completing a network provider search and comparing carrier networks for our clients.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Attend classes as necessary.
- Be familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 2-15 or 2-18 Life & Health License Required
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree Required
- 3 to 5 years experience in Employee Benefits
- Experience dealing with multiple insurance carriers
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use fingers and hands to handle and feel; as well as be required to stand and walk frequently, to speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Reports To: Employment Benefits Department Manager
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Other: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Continuing Education
A culture that emphasizes respect for every individualProud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP