Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
As a member of the Business Engagement Services Team within BI IM&A, you will be the face to all Small Commercial end users of data, tools, and technology. You will interact with all levels of Small Commercial Home Office and Field employees, from analysts to Senior Management. Your work is important to ensure that IM&A is in alignment with the Strategic Roadmap of the Small Commercial Business Units. You will also have the chance to partner with all groups within IM&A, including the data in, data out, and engineering teams. You are expected to be the liaison between your non-technical and technical counterparts by eliciting and documenting data and reporting requirements.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies descriptive analytics to analyze data and validate assumptions, understands results. Selects appropriate relevant data and extracts from various internal and external sources.
- Manipulates raw data sets into information fit for analysis applying needed logic.
- Presents analysis and recommendations to team members and manager.
- Supports presentation to business partners.
- Supports developing reports to monitor business critical results and transitions to appropriate area for continuing production i.e. information development and or data management.
- Provides required analysis, partnering with team members as needed.
- Utilizes established best practices around Descriptive Analytics.
Two years of analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) preferred.
- Three years of analytics or related experience preferred.
- Three years working successfully with Microsoft office products or similar products preferred.
- Experience with Descriptive Analytic practices and processes.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience with data visualization tools (Qlik,Tableau, Power BI).
- Experience in SQL.
- Experience in Excel and basic skills in database programming language and/or related applications.
- General understanding of the business functions of businesses supported.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies Desire to see tasks to completion.
Operates standard office equipment - Continuously Sitting (Can stand at will) - Continuously Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - Continuously
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE